Click here for Shipping & Packaging Information!
Introducing Piccolo Seeds, Slim Jim Eggplant is a terrific dwarf aubergine variety from Italy – an award-winning all-rounder in the patio vegetable category. Its dark-purple foliage and clusters of long, slim, purple fruits make it a perfect choice for ornamental and decorative gardens. Even though the variety’s origins are not clear, most accounts agree that it is southern-Italian in origin and was first introduced by Italian seed company Fratelli Ingegnoli. Aubergines originated in Asia, being recorded first in the 6th century Chinese agricultural treatise Qímín Yàoshù. The plant was introduced to the Mediterranean region by Arabs in the Middle Ages. Aubergines have a somewhat unusual reputation in Italy – historically, it was thought that the whole plant could cause insanity. The name melanzana is derived from mela insana, meaning ‘insane apple’!
- Ideal time to Sow: Indoor March-April and Outdoor May-June
- For further growing instructions please reference package.
- 100% GMO Free
- Imported from Italy
- To assure the best quality and germination, the seeds are packed in thermo-sealed paper bags. Then, each sachet is inserted into a folded leaflet made of completely recyclable FSC paper.
- Quantity 30 Seeds
- Plant size: 70cm height and 45cm width
- Package size: 30cm height and 30cm width