Click here for Shipping & Packaging Information!
Introducing Piccolo Seeds, Greek Oregano (Origanum vulgare var. hirtum) is a subspecies of common oregano, with a much stronger flavour and fragrance. Graced with beautiful white flowers, Greek Oregano is said to have been invented by the Grecian goddess of love, Aphrodite herself! This myth led to the Greek tradition of crowning newly married couples with wreaths of the herb. The term ‘oregano’ can be translated loosely from Greek as ‘joy of the mountains’, a fitting name for a plant found in the naturally rocky habitat of its homeland. Over the centuries, culinary and medicinal uses of oregano spread from Europe to China via the ‘spice road’, before reaching the New World thanks to the American soldiers who discovered it during the Italian Campaign.
- Ideal time to Sow: Indoor Feb-March and Outdoor April-June
- For further growing instructions please reference package.
- 100% GMO Free
- Imported from Italy
- To assure the best quality and germination, the seeds are packed in thermo-sealed paper bags. Then, each sachet is inserted into a folded leaflet made of completely recyclable FSC paper.
- Quantity 1000 Seeds
- Plant size: 40cm height and 20cm width
- Package size: 20cm height and 20cm width