Click here for Shipping & Packaging Information!
Introducing Piccolo Seeds, Genovese Basil is perhaps the most famous sweet basil variety in the world. Known for its use in pesto, the best Genovese Basil is said to be grown in western Genoa, Italy. So, why is Genovese Basil so special? Its round leaves are dark green and appear more matte than those of its shinier cousin, Common Basil. The taste is also more ‘matte’, if that makes sense – the basil flavour is more concentrated and is somehow less sweet. What is certain is that Genoese people take their beloved baxaicò (as they call it) and their pesto very seriously; Genovese Basil has even gained DOP (Protected Designation of Origin) status from the Italian Government.
- Ideal time to Sow: Indoor Feb-March and Outdoor April-June
- For further growing instructions please reference package.
- 100% GMO Free
- Imported from Italy
- To assure the best quality and germination, the seeds are packed in thermo-sealed paper bags. Then, each sachet is inserted into a folded leaflet made of completely recyclable FSC paper.
- Quantity 120 Seeds
- Plant size: 40cm height and 20cm width
- Package size: 20cm height and 20cm width